First, second, third… does it count?
It’s true that not everything can be expressed in numbers. But some numbers are worth a mention. You will find more facts, particularly historically interesting ones, on our ‘History’ page.
- MKM has 1,200 employees. Many of them are the third or fourth generations to be working for us.
- MKM is one of the biggest employers in Sachsen-Anhalt.
- MKM is one of the top training establishments in Sachsen-Anhalt. We are currently Training 65 young people. Of those, 49 are our own apprentices, the other 16 are specialists-in-training belonging to our collaborators and partner companies.
- MKM won the ‘Leading Training Institution’ award in Sachsen-Anhalt right back in 1992. The state government nominated us as the leading training location for the profession of Process Mechanic.
- Germany’s best apprentice in 2013 was a member of our workforce.
- We produced more than 280,000 tons of copper in 2018, which we supplied to around 1,000 customers in 60 countries
- The thinnest wire we are able to draw is thinner than a hair, namely 0.05 mm, and the thickest is 22 mm.