Success without stopping.
We manufacture all of our strip products on the Conti-M® which we developed ourselves. This globally unique cast-rolling technology works without interruption by transferring metal melted from cathodes into a solid state via a twin-belt casting machine (Hazelett). From there it goes directly into the hot-rolling mill and continues on to become milled, hot-rolled strip. The Conti-M® process bypasses the conventional step of hot-rolling slabs, working instead continuously from liquid to solid state, thus tying up the first part of the process chain in an innovative way.
Our hot-rolled strip has a maximum width of 1,250 mm and leaves the plant as a coil weighing up to 25 tonnes. The system is designed for all common copper qualities such as SF-Cu, E-Cu, SE-Cu and highly pure OF-Cu.
Our large coils are then processed further on our new cold-rolling line. There, in the second stage of the process chain, strips of copper and copper alloy are rolled down to thicknesses of as little as 0.06 mm.
By opting for MKM preliminary strip and finished strip you are choosing:
- integrated production – from preliminary to finished strip – all from a single source
- clean, plain-rolled or milled surfaces
- computer and camera controlled surface inspection on both sides
- a product manufactured and tested using tolerances based on common standards (EN, ASTM, JIS), or using customer standards given sufficient tonnage
- maximum variety of product widths and thicknesses
- a durable, vibrant, versatile and maintenance-free material
- a material that is easy and flexible to process
- a recyclable, ecologically and economically competitive material
- over a century of experience involving standard and specialised requirements
- a highly qualified workforce
- comprehensive advice and support for:
- product development
- surface qualities
- new material qualities and alloys
- optimising the use of materials
- new applications
- improving business and technological processes
- product- and order-specific packaging, etc.